Welcome to the new LSFD webpage!
Throughout the past 100 years, the members of the Little Silver Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 have faithfully and steadfastly responded to the calls of those in need. Unselfishly rendering aid at a moments notice has been the hallmark of all firefighting units. The Little Silver Fire Company had it's beginnings steeped in this proud tradition, which continues to this day.
The Gibbon's barn fire in 1906 jumspstarted the formation of the Little Silver Fire Company. This spectacular fire caused $10,000 in damage, as well as the deaths of four horses, four cows, and a dog. In response to this tragic loss, 40 people met at the Church Hall in Little Silver to take steps in organizing a new fire company. New hydrants would be placed on Rumson Rd., and Branch Avenue. At this meeting, 28 persons indicated they would be willing to join the new fire company.
By May 1, 1906, papers of incorporation were prepared & read by attorney Edward W. Wise. Twenty-two enthusiastic charter members signed the application of incorporation May 10, 1906.